Reaching the conference
- Reaching the city centre of Brussels, where most hotels are located
- Reaching the conference venue from the city centre
Reaching Brussels (city centre)
Brussels is well-connected via plane; you can arrive from one of the following airports:
- Brussels airport (BRU), our main airport. From this airport, the city centre can be easily reached with a 20 min. train ride. You can take the (only) train at the airport, and get off at station Brussel Centraal/Bruxelles Central.
- Brussels South Charleroi airport (CRL) You can take the shuttle bus from CRL airport to the Brussel Zuid/Bruxelles Midi train station. Once there, you can take the train to Brussel Centraal/Bruxelles Central.
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle (CDG) At the airport, follow the directions towards the Thalys train station. (This includes a 30 min. metro ride.) At the Thalys train station, take the train to Brussel Zuid/Bruxelles Midi (< 1.5 hours). Once there, you can take the train to Brussel Centraal/Bruxelles Central.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS) At the airport, take the Thalys train to Brussel Zuid/Bruxelles Midi (~1.5 hours). Once there, you can take the train to Brussel Centraal/Bruxelles Central.
Brussels can be reached from Germany, France and the Netherlands with a Thalys train. In the UK, you can take a Eurostar train. Both the Thalys and Eurostar trains go to Brussel Zuid/Bruxelles Midi. Once there, you can take the train to Brussel Centraal/Bruxelles Central.
The address of the conference is: Pleinlaan 2 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Parking is provided next to/underneath most buildings on our campus. To enter the campus by car, please use entrance 13 (as indicated on the campus map). This entrance has a barcode scanner, where you can use a barcode to gain access to the campus. (To request such a barcode, please contact email@example.com)
Reaching the conference venue
The most convenient way to reach the conference venue from the city centre is by metro (~ 30 minutes). Take metro line 5 (Hermann-Debroux) at Centraal Station/Gare Centrale, and get off at station Pétillon. (You can buy tickets at the station.) Once you have arrived at Pétillon, just follow the <Programming> 2017 signs.
Alternatively, you can also take metro line 1 (Stockel) at Centraal Station/Gare Centrale, and get off at station Montgomery. At station Montgomery, switch to tram 7 (Vanderkindere) or 25 (Boondael) , and get off at station VUB. Once you have arrived at station VUB, just follow the <Programming> 2017 signs. This trip also takes about 30 minutes.